While formal events like the Academy Awards and the Met Ball bring out wig snatching couture and breathtaking ball gowns from some of our favorite stars less formal occasions provide the perfect platforms for sharing their personalities!
On-trend styles like mini dresses and metallics may have ruled the night at Sunday night’s 26th Annual MTV Movie Awards but supermodel Jourdan Dunn made a splash by choosing to combine textures. She crushed it in wide legged satin trousers and a velvet off the shoulder blouse from designer Johanna Ortiz.
But what really made the brown British bombshell stand out wasn’t her supple skin or snatched waist it was her showstopping waist-length ponytail. Recreate her look for your next big night out with our kinky bulk hair using the steps below!
- Start out by washing and blow-drying your hair with a sulfate-free shampoo.
- Part your hair to one side of your face. Don’t forget to place the part on your best side for selfies (and don’t you dare try and act like you haven’t figured out which one that is)!
- Treat your hair with a leave-in conditioner and then brush it down on both sides with a bristle brush. Remember the focus is on the added hair here so make the base of your initial ponytail as neat as possible.
- Slick your hair down with an edge control. Try Palmer’s Coconut Oil option if you don’t want one that makes your hair hard and inflexible.
- Secure your hair with a ponytail holder.
- Wrap the edge of ponytail with strand of kinky bulk hair.
- Add additional bulk hair to ponytail. Secure the hair to the initial ponytail with bobby pins. Be careful not to poke yourself by jamming the pins into your head. Insert them at an angle and check to make sure they're secure.
- Moisten your fingers with oil or leave-in conditioner and separate hair with your hands.
- Tease your hair to add volume with a rattail comb.
- Top off with your favorite lightweight finishing spray!
Finish the look by adding your favorite oversized hooped earrings and a bold lip. We like The Lip Bar’s “Bawse Lady”. Try this look the next time you’re trying to spend your Saturday night styling like one of the original “ Yonce’ “ girls.
Photo Credits: Marie Claire, Malayan Mail, FashionBombDaily